Is there anything better than the aroma of a fresh baked cookie? Warm cookies, fresh from the oven, evoke feelings of comfort and home and family. Yet with all our busy schedules, shuffling kids from one activity to the next, and working long hours, it can be hard to find the time to devote to this timeless pleasure. Perhaps this is why so many schools have had such great success fundraising when selling cookie dough. Pre-made cookie dough makes it so easy to provide “homemade” cookies for family or friends at a moment’s notice.
While the appeal of cookie dough is easy to understand, a solid fundraising campaign has to have more components than just nostalgia as a benefit. Before embarking on any school fundraiser, ask yourself these important questions:
- Will people want to purchase the product? This is a simple question to answer; cookie dough is not only a tasty treat when cooked, but it’s easy to store. And that encourages buyers to buy a variety of flavors and freeze for later use.
- Is the product something which can be sold throughout the year, or is it seasonal? Although Thanksgiving and Christmas are known for holidays where cookies are served, fresh cookies are certainly not seasonal. Your customers will enjoy these goodies throughout the year; yummy cookies are perfect for year-around treats, kids’ parties or sporting events.
- Does the fundraising campaign provide a good profit margin? There are a variety of fundraising packages available, all of which provide a higher profit margin than many other fundraising options available for your school. Check out Profitable Fundraising Ideas commission schedule for an example of the kinds of profits available.
- Are there any upfront costs? Upfront costs can create risk for the school. It’s important to choose a fundraising program which provides all the marketing materials, order forms and money envelopes with no out-of-pocket costs.
- If we have any issues along the way, is there someone to help? A professional fundraising company will be there every step of the way to help guide you to maximum profits.
Fundraising is simply a fact of life in schools and youth organizations. Cookie dough fundraisers are a great way to offer something of value to the customer that they will truly want and enjoy, while making significant money for your school or organization.
Contact Profitable Fundraising Ideas or call us at: 844-724-7338 or 844-RaiseFunds for more information about how your organization can create funds using cookie dough.